Tuesday, November 29, 2011

a traditional tudor gets a fresh update....



































Thought I would share a few quick photos from my current project. Recently, I have had the pleasure to be working with a lovely young family on the design concept for the construction and interiors of their dream home! While "construction" is under way- they are renting a beautiful old tudor.


So we decided to do a quick update to the rental space....to make it feel a bit more like "home"!!! We still have some art to hang and  white lacquer barstools to add around the island....but it certainly is beginning to reflect the "hip/relaxed vibe" of this great family!!!  


before photo of family room

9 comments:

  1. Wow - that space is perfect! Modern yet relaxed. May I ask what white barstools you are looking for? I also have a dark island and never thought of white stools - I'm on the hunt! Trina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trina,

    The barstools are KLISMOS BAR STOOL from west elm in white...you can see one pictured in the "drop zone" photo at the beginning of this post. I think the white lacquer stools will really give the dark kitchen a more updated feel!

    xo,
    gen

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks great! I like how the sofa is angled in the room instead of placed against the wall of windows. also, great idea using two coffee tables instead of one! so many great details about the space to love! awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment back! I will check them out. Any idea where the coffee tables are from?!? Did I tell you I love this space?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I wish our current rental looked this good! Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! Love all the Wayne Pate and that Hable Construction basket ...just out of curiosity, why did you remove the rug? I'm in the process of rug shopping for my family room, and I'm considering a sisal or jute rug. I'd love to hear more about that decision...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Rachel! Funny you ask about the rug...it was definitely a debate! I felt that the rug was not quite big enough for the large sectional....and the room itself has so many angles and curves to it.... that the "lines" of the rug just felt distracting.

    I actually have sisals all through out my own home...and I love them!!! The one thing I would say is that the easiest way to clean them from crumbs ect. is to lift them and shake them out..so if you have a lot of furniture positioned on the rug- that can be a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the reply, Gen! Looking back at the pictures, I agree that this room looks better without the rug. I love the contrast of the shiny white tables on the rich hard wood. And, thanks for the helpful tip about sisal rugs!

    ReplyDelete