Friday, July 15, 2011

design sponge book...sneak peek!



















































I am so excited for the release of Grace Bonney's new book!!! Here is a quick sneak peek of our log cabin featured in the soon to hit stores- Design Sponge at Home!!!  Grace I am so flattered by your kind words....


Can't wait to get my copy!!!




Genifer Sohr’s home is a favorite of most people I know, so I knew it had to be one of my “best of” choices for the book. We re-shot her beautiful space with the help of Tec Petaja (you can see Tec’s home here), and I immediately fell in love with one of my favorite color combinations: gray and just about any other color. Her gray kitchen dining area with pops of hot pink, red and yellow inspired me to dive back into my favorite color of all time. I love how neutral gray can be depending on its undertones. She chose a wide variety of grays for the house, and each one feels fresh and modern with the surrounding decor.
What I also loved about Genifer’s home was the “modern cabin” feel she nailed so perfectly. She didn’t fight the home’s natural cabin style, but she also didn’t give up on modernizing it a bit and finding ways to inject color and pattern (like the Orla Kiely wallpaper and sweet pink plaid blankets). We loved the girly cabin feel so much we decided to have Sarah make an arrangement inspired by this home as well (with a birch-wrapped vase how-to), which you can see on the page scan above.

No comments:

Post a Comment